October 16, 2005

Watch This Space

At first, I just thought that the name for this thing was kind of a clever play on words, and had a nice ring to it. I was a little surprised it wasn't already taken.

So I signed up. I had no idea what I was in for.

Like many people, I'm sure, I just figured this blogging thing was pretty simple: get a blog, come up with a name, and proceed to pontificate/babble/opine/ruminate/muse/whatever. Turns out it's a little more complicated than that. I'm a pretty smart guy, but I don't know the first thing about html or java or web stuff, and it didn't even occur to me that I might need to. I obviously didn't come prepared for class. It's not quite the showing-up-in-your-underwear dream, but I do feel kind of like a freshman on the first day at a new school: I found my locker, but I don't really know the combination, I don't know where my first class is, and I have no idea who all these people are. I just hope to have a couple of friends by lunchtime; those are big tables to sit at by yourself.

So this is a diclaimer of sorts: If you happen across this thing while I'm still working out the basics, please excuse the mess. I will hopefully have witty, entertaining, or at least mildly interesting things to say shortly, just as soon as I get a small grasp of the language.

It will an apt title, I think, for quite some time.

1 comments:

Charlene said...

Holy crap! I didn't know you started this blog so long ago1

 
Site Meter