October 25, 2005

Some things to do while I'm slacking

Since I'm not all that good about posting yet (although this is two nights in a row, go me), I thought I'd leave a couple of things to amuse in my absence. Plus, it gives me a chance to work on the whole text-link thing.

If you're one of those people who gets tunes stuck in your head easily, you should probably stay away from this, since it may well drive you bonkers. But it's really funny, in a totally surreal and pointless way. Consider yourself warned.

This is pretty funny. Reminds me of a story I read many years ago about a town in Michigan named Hell. Seriously. There is a Hell, Michigan. You'd never know it, though, because the welcome signs (not surprisingly) last all of about a second and a half. The story, as I remember it, went on to say that there's a creek on the edge of town that they check during the winter, just to see if some people were going to have to come through on some promises they hadn't planned on. Apparently there is another town, just a bit north of Hell, called Paradise. I can't imagine that anyone living near that area in the winter considers that name anything less than painfully ironic, but that's just me. It also means that, on occasion, it gets colder than Hell in Paradise. And no, I'm not kidding.

I think you could entertain yourself for quite a while here. And there's no editorial control, so anything goes. Endless possibilities, and most of them wrong...

movies.com has muppets. Statler and Waldorf doing movie reviews. Go there now.

And finally, a small selection from planetvids. Some good stuff there, including:
The rare, enjoyable mime.
If you were in high school in the early-to-mid nineties, you either knew, or were, this guy.
And a double from the You're Less of a Person for Laughing department: one and two.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter