January 26, 2010

Dexy's Midnight Runners never even occurred to me...

Spend enough time in random conversation, or random thought, and eventually either you or someone you know will pose the question:

If you had a rock band, what would you call it?

We've all thought about it.  Hell, Dave Barry made something of a part-time job of it.  But at one time or another it has come up, because let's face it: we'd all just as soon be rock stars.

It took me a long time to settle on mine, and by a long time I mean I came up with it in the past year.  And as it happens, it did come up at a party last weekend.

If I had a band, I would call it Something Else.

I like it for a number of reasons, but one most of all: no matter what someone is listening to, if they don't like it, they're going to ask for us.

If you had a rock band (or when you and your friends are playing Rock Band, whatever), what would you call it?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

"Things Like That" - the first album would be called "There".

It's a family thing. :o)

Jo said...

Brilliant!!

Brian said...

DT: I like that a lot, actually. Especially with the album name.

Jo: Thanks!!

 
Site Meter