December 31, 2007

I resolve to be immature

While I am not one to normally make New Year's Resolutions, I guess you could say I have a few this year by virtue of having just finished grad school (and no, I can't say that often enough, in case you were wondering). As I mentioned earlier, I do have some hobbies on the drawing board (although drawing is not one of them): I need to get back into some kind of exercise habit, I want to learn the guitar, and there are a couple of things on the second tier that I'm considering. We'll see how it all goes. I just hope the motivation lasts longer than the average Resolution, which these days has the lifespan of a fruit fly.

Except yours, of course. I have no doubt that you will be completely on top of your resolutions. No doubt. Let me know how that works out for you, k? K. Although if you're hard-up for ideas and want some help coming up with resolutions, LemonGloria has some excellent suggestions.

In other news, it's rare that one can get away with publicly channeling one's inner junior-high-schooler, but today is one of those days. As I and many of my co-workers were preparing do depart at the end of our half-day, we traded the age-old cliche that never fails to get a giggle, or at least an appreciative (though they might disagree, we know better) groan. I now bid it to all of you:

Have a good night, and see you next year.

Just remember: If you're driving, don't drink, and if you're drinking, don't drive.

Happy New Year, everybody.

4 comments:

Lemon Gloria said...

Congrats on ending school and beginning a whole new, resolution-free year! If you want any suggestions, I'm happy to offer! See you in 2008!

The Ex said...

Happy New Year! God I wish I had a half day today.

jess said...

happy new year! i hope it brings you lots of joy and success. :)

Brian said...

lisa - thank you. happy counterproductive-resolution new year to you as well. I will keep you updated on my progress with your list. Mmmm, bacon. :)

ex - Thank you, and the same to you. Yeah, the half-day was a nice surprise, actually. I'd like more of those, but I won't get my hopes up. Tell your boss I said you could take a half day to make up for not getting one yesterday. I'm sure they'll understand.

Jess - Happy New Year to you as well. It's starting off relatively well, I'll try to keep the momentum going. :)

 
Site Meter